Thursday, January 19, 2006

a whole month

It doesn't seem like it has been that long, but really it has. One whole month since the last time I posted on my blog here. A lot of little, uninteresting things have happened during that month, but nothing worth talking about on here. Oh, except that I'm now 27. According to my friend Katie, that means I'm now old.

I'm not at all happy about school this semester. I just don't feel like being here. Last year when this happened, I had a better social life to make up for my lack of scholastic enthusiasm. I hope something as good comes along today.

Tonight I've been feeling really annoyed. I'm tired as it is, and then when I went to Curves (which took great effort, as I really didn't want to go), the bus was a half hour late, and for reasons I don't want to take the time to explain right now, that meant that I couldn't actually go to Curves. So I wasted an entire hour of my life. Very frustrating. It made me want to eat something sweet to compensate for my anger (I'm very much an emotional eater), but I'm on a diet right now, so I had to try some low-carb brownies. I haven't actually tasted them yet, so we'll see how that goes.

Well, I have absolutely nothing else to say about anything (or at least not something that anyone cares to hear about), so I'll go ahead and go.

The last quote was from The Rocketeer.

I would by no means suspend any pleasure of yours. (3 points, I expect most of you to know it)


And to make up for that easy quote, here's another.

I'm afraid after we're married a while, a beautiful young girl will come along and you'll forget all about me.

Don't be silly! I'll write you twice a week. (73 points, with half points for Margo, since she watched the movie with me recently, though I don't think she'll get this right away)

3 comments:

elliespen said...

Woohoo! A post from Kat! Although I must say that I am sorry things are not going as well as one might have hoped.

First quote is P&P, of course.

And the second quote is from a great cinematic classic with Groucho Marx and Margaret Dumont. If I'm remembering correctly, it's from Big Store, but it really could have been said in any of their movies together. :)

(And do I get my Christmas Carol points? Sorry. Simple pleasures and all that.)

Anonymous said...

The first one is clearly Pride & Prejudice. I had no idea about the second one. Not surprising as my Marx Brothers knowledge is not quite up to par.
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

yay you posted!!!

Look at how many of us were waiting a whole month to see what you'd say next. (Or at least who you'd quote next... Pride and Prejudice, I believe. Don't know the second one.)

Welcome back to blog land!