Friday, March 5, 2004

Ever have one of those mornings?


B-98.7, a local radio station, has recently been having contests, which they've dubbed, "I'm an Idiot." Callers tell their best "I'm an Idiot" story (or sometimes a "He's an Idiot/She's an Idiot" story), and after they've collected several of these stories, the DJs pick a random number, and the caller with that number gets a prize. Well, here's my personal "I'm an Idiot" story, which happened just today.

This morning, I left to go to work, thinking that I really ought to gas up before I went home tonight, since the car was getting low. Well, needless to say, the car didn't last, and I didn't make it all the way to work. I pulled into the closest parking spot I could find, put on my hazards, and found a phone, where I called my roommate to see if she would be willing to come get me. The poor dear was in the middle of her scripture study, and I felt bad for interrupting her, but there was nothing else to be done. She got me, and I grabbed the 1-gallon gas can out of my trunk; we then drove down to the nearest gas station, where I filled the gas can and got some finger-wipes, and then she took me back to my lame car. She drove off, and I put the gallon of gas in the car. It started just fine, and I was thinking that it was going to be fine day after all. Then I drove down to another gas station to fill up, just to be on the safe side, although that 1 gallon probably would have gotten me through the day just fine. Anyway, I filled 'er up, and then went to get back in the car, only to discover that I had locked my keys inside!

No comments: