Tuesday, November 2, 2004

quick update

Last weekend I went to Robin Hood's Bay and Whitby, as you know by now. I have been wanting to tell you all about it, but I don't have time as yet. I also took quite a few pictures, and haven't yet had time to get those up on my website. I guess I just wanted you to know, though, that I had a great time and have come back safely. And I made a lot of new friends in the process, too. (The Chinese girls that came with Fu Pei and me now all are a lot more chummy with me. I just feel bad because I have such a hard time remembering all their names!) So, I'll get that stuff taken care of as soon as I possibly can.

Next week is a reading week, so I don't have any classes. I'm toying with the idea of making a big loopy trip, from Lancaster to Leeds, then York, Whitby, Newcastle (upon Tyne, that is), Carlisle, and then back home. Mostly because there were so many things to do in Whitby that I didn't have time for, but it takes to darn long to get there on the train that I thought it would be as well to stop at a few places and see more of the country. I guess I'm mostly worried about the expense and the logistics of it all. Anyway ... will let you know when I figure out what I'm doing. I suppose there's always the possibilty of staying here and reading ...

No comments: