Wednesday, June 8, 2005

happy, happy day!

Please come now, I think I'm falling, holding on to all I think is safe. (23 points)


Check it out -- the weather forecast for the next 10 days is gorgeous!! Happy day! That makes such a difference, and I've been feeling much more productive lately. It's supposed to be relatively nice in Scotland at the beginning of next week, too, which is good since that's where I'll be.

Things are beginning to wind down here. I've been speaking to people about preparations for leaving -- how to submit my dissertation from home, paperwork that needs to be filled out, getting my housing deposit back, and so on. (Bonus quote for 11 points: "Et cetela, et cetela, et cetela.")

Nathan from the ward lent us his DVDs of The Office recently, and JoAnna and I watched the first 3 episodes last Sunday. It was very funny! I hear they're making an American version, but I wonder if it can possibly be as good without Martin Freeman and Ricky Gervais.

I'd probably better get going now. When I got lunch today, I fancied a Dr. Pepper, and now my fingers are trying to move way too quickly, while my brain has slowed down considerably. So before I make a complete fool of myself, I'll sign off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the bonus is The King and I...

I think the other one is from that one song, Six Feet from the Edge, or something like that, neh?

Hooray for good weather -- wish I could say it was the same here! The forecast for the foreseeable future in Santiago is smog, smog, smog, rain, and smog.

~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

If one judges it strictly on its own merits, the American version isn't half-bad. No, it couldn't possibly be as good without Ricky Gervais, but then again, what could?

Anonymous said...

I adore the King and I for so many things, and et cetela is one of them. Another one of them is the prayer scene... oh, such fun. :)
Erin

Anonymous said...

Sis- Excited to see you upon your return to the U.S. of A!

I have seen an episode of "The Office" here on American TV, but don't know how it compares to the British...

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/

-KIP