Tuesday, May 23, 2006

not much to say

I'm getting ready to go home (Idaho) for a week. Leaving tomorrow and coming back next Tuesday. I will start my new job the day after I get back, which I'm excited about. Today I have to run by the office to hand them over my hire packet, change a few students' grades (minor mistakes on my part), and then head to Curves for a work-out and a travel pass.

In the meantime, I'm trying to think of new books to read. I have Kimberly's Amelia Peabody books to keep me busy for most of the summer, but I would like to read a few others as well. It might be time to pull out the old "Books to Read" list that I started a few years ago, back in my MTC-working days.

The last two quotes were, indeed, from Dickens's Great Expectations, one of my all-time favorite books. (I've given Ellie full points and Kimberly half points, for recognizing the author.)

(with Austalian accent) "Well that was unexpected." (23 points)


P.S. Oops! I just realized that I accidentally got rid of the old scoreboard -- lost in cyberspace with no way to get it back, you know? So I've started it over again. Hey, it is summer after all, and that's always a good time to start new.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strictly Ballroom! I do love that movie. And the little girl who says the line has some great one-liners. But my favorite line?

"How long have you been here?"
"Two years."

Okay, so out of context, not quite as funny. Oh well. Still a favorite!
Kimberly

elliespen said...

Oh, yeah... I knew I knew that line, just couldn't place it. Well, not true. I could place it from any number of movies, just not with the accent. If I know what comes before, do I get a sticker at least? :)

Have fun in Idaho! If you get really bored you can drop down to Utah and say hi. We even have some really comfy couches you can sleep on if needs be.