Thursday, June 15, 2006

the only radio station you'll ever need

Erin just introduced me to this great website, www.pandora.com. It's an online radio-station maker, so to speak. You type in the name of an artist or song you like, and it searches their database to find music that's similar, and then creates a radio station playing that music. You can give it feedback about which songs you like or don't like -- even which ones you like, but you're sick of hearing them, so that the station won't play it again for a month. Pretty darn cool stuff. And they even have people like Rosemary Clooney in there, so it's a pretty safe bet that you can find something you like in all that. I can't wait to start using this at work -- I've been listening to some AccuRadio, but their volume is kind of sporadic, and it's hard to find a level that's quiet enough it doesn't distract others working around me, but loud enough that I can actually hear it.

No comments: