Sunday, August 26, 2007

heads-up

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am safely back in Idaho Falls now, with Mom and Dad. I'm staying upstairs, which is sad because it means my room is smaller, but good because it means I get better cell phone reception.

Last Saturday we had a family reunion, and it was great to see all of my siblings and nieces and nephews. We played laser tag (my dad even played!) and glow-in-the-dark mini-golf, and Dance Dance Revolution (except it wasn't really), and I got a real kick out of watching my sister play Whac-A-Mole. She's got some unreleased agression, she does. :)

This week I have been out job searching. I've applied at two temp agencies (with an interview tomorrow for one of them), hoping to get some clerical work for the month of September, before Lancaster University's school year begins. I've also applied at Barnes and Noble, though it's low on my preferences list, and I'm going to apply for substitute teaching in the local school district.

Most importantly, though, I have a phone interview tomorrow morning with a college in Seattle, who are considering me for an online course in the fall. I'm hoping that will work out. It would be great to have a steady income like that, not to mention the teaching experience, and the online teaching experience, and the "foot in the door" in Seattle. Wish me luck!

Things are looking up -- it's a great little world we live in! (23 points)


The last two quotes, which Erin (naturally) got right, were from Muse's "Falling Away With You," and School of Rock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I finally know one!

That's from Gershwin (as in George and Ira), called (amazingly) "Things are Looking Up". Most recently heard in Crazy for You, although it's originally from the Fred Astaire movie Damsel in Distress.

Good luck with finding work. Job searching stinks.