Saturday, September 4, 2004

flux, phase 2

Today I left Provo and came back to Mom and Dad's house in Idaho Falls. It always feels nice to be back here in many ways, but I can hardly believe that I may never live in Provo ever again. Wow.

I arrived here today to find that Mom, Dana, and Amber were cleaning out the garage, which naturally involved the storage space as well. We took my last few boxes of stuff down there ... and then I realized how much more stuff I have here than I realized. I just finished purging all my stuff from my apartment in Provo, and I find I have three times that here! I'm feeling very ready to purge there, too ... It's tempting to just throw some boxes away without even looking at it, but I'd probably end up throwing out something I really want. *sigh*

I recently learned about the Fair Tax Act, a resolution that's currently before the House of Representatives. It's a resolution to abolish the income tax and replace it with a federal sales tax instead. I just learned about it, and I feel a little like I'm jumping the gun by supporting it without having taken the time to research it more thoroughly, but so far I really think I'm a proponent. You may well have noticed the banner and link that recently appeared in the sidebar -- take a few minutes to check it out, and let me know what you think.

No comments: