Friday, September 10, 2004

getting better ... maybe

Well, the cold is still hanging on. Last night I got an earache -- highly unusual for me -- and it's making life pretty miserable today. I've been using my Thieves oil, and it seems to help a little, but not enough yet. I did call My Brother The Chiropractor today, though, and I'll be going out to see him a little later. He's got some great homeopathics he's going to give me, and I'd really like a good back adjustment, too -- not to mention the ear adjustment he suggested for my earache.

I really hope this all makes me feel better, since I'm planning to go down to my sister's tomorrow for a week or so of some fun, games, shopping, gossipping, eating ... and painting and sewing. She's expecting in December, and we're planning to make a new quilt for her new baby. And then she's been working a lot lately on getting her house painted and prettied, including the nursery, and I offered to help.

My aunt and uncle are here, so I'll be back in a minute. I'd provide some elevator music, but ... well, just hum to yourself for a few minutes!

OK, I'm back but only for a quick minute. I wanted to finish up before I go to see My Brother The Chiropractor.

Mom and I went to see Princess Diaries 2 the other day. It was cute, but not as good as the first, and I really felt like all the good parts were in the previews already. But I also bought new boots at Dillard's. I finally found some tall boots that fit over my wide calves. And they were SO cute!

One of the best things about being here is that I get to see so much of my niece, Alyce. She's just over a year old, and she's developed a real personality. She's an absolute doll, and very smart. Last night I got to give her a bath, and got vigorously splashed with water for about 10 of the 15 minutes. But it was sure fun getting to spend so much time with her. I just feel bad about it because I'm sick -- I'll sure feel awful if she develops my nasty cold in a few days!

Gotta go see the doctor now. Later!

1 comment:

Paul P said...

I love the title: My Brother The Chiropractor (initial caps).

When do you leave for England?

Those are some killer boots. I totally laughed when I saw them.

Hope all is well!!