Monday, March 6, 2006

aaaah!

This week is the second week for visual texts in the English classes I'm teaching, and we're supposed to watch a film and analyze it. I've been debating with myself since October about what films to show, and I still haven't decided!! We start watching these films tomorrow, and I still don't know what to do about them. Good golly! I've been strongly considering The Third Man and The Princess Bride for some time, but I just can't quite bring myself to a point.

In other news ... well, there's really nothing else to say. Nothing that interesting has gone on lately. Except that I did take a 4-hour nap on Saturday. We had an early temple trip that morning, and by the time I got home, I just couldn't function anymore. So I took a nap and didn't get up until 4 hours later. It reminded me of the time right after my mission when I frequently wound up taking naps that lasted anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. (Yes, I said naps.) I was just so physically exhausted from the mission, I couldn't control the desire to sleep whenever possible.

The last quote was, indeed, from "Love Changes Everything," a song by Andew Lloyd-Weber. And the other one in that post was from Alannis Morissette's "Head Over Feet."

One Rocco more or less isn't worth dying for! (181 points -- it's rather obscure)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another quote from the same source: Charlie's a prince of the Seminole Nation. His ancestors go back to the gods. He sells sea shells by the sea shore.

But alas, I cheated and did a web search. No points for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Synchronicity!
My first comment in quite a while nets me a whopping palindrome of points--all for knowing my Bogie/Bacall movies.

How about "M"? Now there's a 1000 page visual text.

Inexperienced Mom said...

Just to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog, I thought I'd leave a comment. Here goes...

Yay for you, Katrina!!!!!

Miss you!