Wednesday, March 8, 2006

procrastinating ... again

I should be writing a response paper to "The Watsons" today, and boy am I having trouble with that. I suppose I could write something about Zofloya instead ... except that I haven't even begun reading it yet.

I'm really excited for Spring Break, which is next week. It looks like Erin and I will leave Saturday, and we're going to visit her family in Missouri. I've been looking forward to it for at least three months, so it's nice that it's finally so close. I'm not too picky on what we actually do there -- it's just the thought of being somewhere else, and not having to go to classes every day that makes me so happy.

I really, really, really don't want to go to my class today. That's largely because I don't have a response paper yet, and little hope of having a well-written one by the time I get to class. I'm trying to really force myself to go, though, since I have already missed more days in that class than I should have. And because it's good for me to be doing things I don't want to do.

The last quote was from Key Largo, a great movie with Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Lionel Barrymore, and Edward G. Robinson. Classic. I expect most of you will know today's quote, but I have to add that Jim is not allowed to score points on this one, since we were discussing it last night.

Farewell, my friends, I go to a better place! (13 points)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I can remember this comes from the same movie that brought us such quotes as "That's not flying. It's falling with style" and, my personal favorite, "You are a sad, strange little man."

I completely know what you're feeling today with your response paper. I'm supposed to have 9 journal entries done by Friday for children's lit and, so far, I've got one very poorly written one. Alas...

Beware the claw!
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Character 1: I've set my laser from stun to kill.
Character 2: Oh, great. If anyone attacks we can blink em' to death.

Reading blog entries like yours reminds me that I really don't want to go to grad school someday! :)

elliespen said...

The Claw!!!!!

The best part of that movie is when my brother quotes it in German. I especially like the German version of "Somebody's poisoned the waterhole!"

Wow. I'm glad that I'm not the only one of the old group that had procrastination down to a fine science. And that someone is carrying on the grand tradition in my absence. (Because Margo can't. She's there to be the responsible one, and we love her for it. Hi, Margo!)

You and Erin have fun on Spring Break. Wish I got a spring break. All I get are paid holidays. And Good Friday off. (No, I don't understand that one, either.)

Ah. No wonder the last quote sounded familiar. I've seen that movie in fits and starts, but never all the way through and not recently. I think I may own it, though... I'll have to go investigate that. (Is that the one with the famous whistle line? I can never keep all their pictures straight.)

Anonymous said...

Dejar todo para el Ășltimo no es bueno.