Tuesday, March 27, 2007

claim to fame

I've recently starting listening to PotterCast, produced by The Leaky Cauldron, at Paul's recommendation. It's kind of fun, and I find it a much easier way to keep track of what's going on in HP fandom, rather than spending hours online trying to read all the different forums (which I'm not particularly fond of, anyway). So, I'm sitting in my bed, simply because it's comfy, and listening to PotterCast 81 while trying to figure out some FTP problems I'm having and re-sizing over and over an image that I want to use for a website I'm creating ...

When I hear the voice of my good friend, Emily. That's right, she's on this PotterCast. Now, I knew that Emily -- aka wahlee_98 -- has been working with The Leaky Cauldron for about a year. But I don't normally pay much attention to TLC. Now, though, I'm listening to PotterCast on a regular basis, and today I'm hearing my personal acquaintance on it. I totally have an "in" in the HP fandom world! (I already knew that, actually, but it's somehow much more real to me now.)

Congrats, Emily! Hope everything continues to go well for you.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n. (83 points -- This really has nothing to do with today's post, but I recently came across it, and it's been stuck in my head lately.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny story.

Christina was talking to one of her old BYU roommates the other day and Christina asked her what she was up to.

She said that she did some stuff for TLC. She was amazed that we were fans. :) She is a forum moderator, but was an editor (or was it a transcription elf) for some of the early Pottercasts.

What I love about Pottercast is that for the most part it is done by adults, and has more of a professional feel than some of the other Potter-themed podcasts out there (won't point any fingers...)

Did you solve the FTP problem yet?

Unknown said...

Hee. Thanks. :) 'Tis been fun, working with Leaky. And exciting. :)