Saturday, May 12, 2007

congrats

Margo and NM are both graduating with Master's degrees today. Congratulations!

Margo is getting an M.S. in Speech Language Pathology, and she is looking for work in one of the school districts in Kansas, where she's from. She put more work into that degree than anyone else I know. My favorite part, though: The Speech & Hearing Sciences Department asked their graduates to write their names on the cards -- the ones that they use to announce each graduate's name -- in the International Phonetic Alphabet.

NM will be receiving an M.A. in Applied Anthropology, and she'll be going to San Francisco pretty soon to look for a job. She fought hard for that M.A., too -- she had to fulfill an extra requirement to be a Master of Arts rather than Science -- so we're excited for her.
And, of course, men know best about everything, except what women know better. (122 points)
The last quote was from Seinfeld. Great episode.

1 comment:

Janeheiress said...

Middlemarch! Don't give me points for that though, because I looked it up. I did know it would be a Victorian, though. I think I need to read that book again.

Go Margo!