Tuesday, May 22, 2007

farewell and hello

Goodbye, Denton! I have officially left, and I may never return. Or, I may return twice. We'll see.

Right now, I'm in Colorado Springs, where I'm staying overnight on my way to Idaho. I'm excited to drive through Jackson, Wyoming, tomorrow. Jackson is close enough to home that it feels like home -- it's familiar terrain, so to speak. Not to mention, it's gorgeous. There may even be some snow on the Teton Pass, so that's pretty fun, too.

During my last weekend in Denton, NM invited me to come with her and her boyfriend to Hailey's, a local club, to hear some bands play. NM and her man are both very into music, and they go to hear live acts all the time. I've only recently started getting into the modern music scene, especially the indie scene, so I was excited to go see a real band play and hear some new music. NM is a big fan of Beach House, and I enjoyed them. But at the moment, I'm completely in love with The Clientele. They have a very retro 60s-pop kind of sound going on, fairly mild, with with a good beat and some fascinating lyrics. I really enjoy "Since K Got Over Me" (incidentally the only single they've released so far), as well as "Here Comes the Phantom," "I Hope I Know You," and "The Queen of Seville."
(Check them out: The Clienetele Official Website, Wikipedia, Google Music)

And speaking of concerts ... Muse are apparently playing in Orem, Utah, this fall. There's a little confusion over the date -- one site I found said August 22, another said August 12, and the ticket site said September 12. But the point is, it's Orem, and it's Muse, and it's Muse in Orem, and how can I possibly miss that?! I'm working on a way to get tickets, despite my low budget these days, as well as some friends to come with me -- hopefully including Erin and possibly my niece.
When was the last time you said, "Wahoo!"? (25 points)

1 comment:

elliespen said...

"Well, I'm SURE I don't know!" Great movie. But if time doesn't exist, what's the point of wearing a wristwatch?

Yes, yes, yes, please come to Orem (regardless of Muse, although I hope you do get to see Matt)! Bring Erin, too! And you can all come camp out on my floor and couches in Provo!

(And as a completely random sidenote, have you ever noticed how all comment moderation verification word combinations look like the names of heroes from some medieval epic? Right now I'm looking at hyrngun: "And the warrior Hyrngun did take his mighty sword and go forth to the great hall to drink mead." Yeah, I'm officially sleep deprived.)