Monday, September 10, 2007

runner's high

I have recently taken up running. By "recently" I mean, about three weeks ago. I've never liked running before, but I rather suddenly decided I wanted to start it and keep on with it. It helped a lot that I found some great online resources (like The Complete Running Network), which have helped me learn how to choose the right shoes, how to push myself through the hard parts, how to improve my breathing, avoid injuries, and increase my endurance -- among other things. So, for once in my life, I'm actually enjoying running.

Tonight, though, was the best run I've had since I've been back in Idaho. I usually just run in the neighborhood so that I can get going straight out of my parents' door. But tonight I drove down to the greenbelt by the Snake River to run. Mom came with me and sat in the car reading and watching my things, which helped a lot. It was the first time since I've been here that I felt like running further or longer than I was strictly supposed to -- which, in my book, is a good sign.

Everything about you resonates happiness, now I won't settle for less. (12 points)

3 comments:

Katie said...

*GASP* I, too, have become a runner. It's been a good thing, a nice way to clear my thoughts. Plus, I get in some great NPR listening. GOOD FOR YOU, KAT!

Unknown said...

Yay for running!!! Congrats on taking the plunge! This is Crystal (Epperson), btw, sounds like your life is still full of excitement!! :)

KatrinaW said...

Hey! It's great to see that I'm in such good company when it comes to running. I'm planning to go again today, in a few minutes. Good times.