Monday, August 25, 2003

I wish I had something great to write about today, but I don't. I thought I ought to write something, though, seeing as how it's now been a full week.

I'm going to the Utah Shakespearean Festival this weekend, by myself. I kind of wish that I had someone to go with me, but they're playing two of my very favorite shows, and I decided it was just too good to pass up. Thursday I'll be seeing Much Ado about Nothing, and on Friday I'll watch 1776, one of my favorite musicals. I'm very excited. After that I'll spend the night at home on Friday, and then I'll go to Idaho the next day for Alyce Colleen's baby blessing. I may spend most of Monday there, too, and have a little picnic with my family or something of the sort.

I never quite finished Pyle's Merry Adventures of Robin Hood, but I was close enough. All that's left now is the chase by King Henry, and then the big fight with Guy of Gisbourne. Not my favorite parts of the story, so I decided to put it down for the time being. Instead I started a re-reading of Dickens' Great Expectations, which has always been one of my favorite novels, since I first read it. I stayed up until about 2:30 last night and read through chapter four or five, I was so into it. He has a great way with getting a reader's attention, Dickens has.

So that's mostly it for now. Hopefully I'll have something just a little more interesting to write about soon enough. I'll let you know then.

No comments: