Wednesday, July 7, 2004

Can't Wait!

Today I woke up and looked at my calendar. This weekend is Paul's birthday part, which I'm very excited to attend. Then the weekend after that is the Ward "Rodeo" at the bishop's ranch, apparently an event not to be missed! The next weekend is Pioneer Day and I'll be going down to the Shakespearean Festival (hereafter known in this blog as the ShakeFest) with Jen and Emily, which I can hardly wait for!! SO pumped for that! The next weekend is the beginning of the big Braithwaite Family Reunion at West Piney, which should be fabulous, as it always is. And once I get home from that, I only have two more weeks until my housing contract runs out. So far, that's been the date I've been expecting to leave work, but now I'm not so sure. Paul and Christina generously offered the use of their home for a few weeks if necessary, so I might stay until around September 3. But I don't konw if I can take work for that much longer. Actually, I must say that things have been significantly better the last little while. For a while there it was extremely stressful, partly just because I was the only senior developer around, and all of the managers were gone, so I got stuck with a lot of huge projects. But most of that has been spread out with others lately, and in fact, I sometimes feel like I don't really have that much to do anymore, which makes some things a little more bearable.

In the meantime, I downloaded Mozilla's Firefox browser today, which I really like. Paul recently installed it at work, and today he installed it on my work computer, and it's been quite nice. For one thing, it's not at all connected with Microsoft, which is always something I'm in favor of. I often wish that I could more of my applications away from MS, but it's often really difficult to do, just because they've become the industry standard in so many venues. For example, I would have bought an iMac instead of Ladislaw (my trusty and loyal PC laptop), but I found that the Lancaster campus doesn't support Macs. Almost everything out there is MS-based. But Firefox I can do. :) And it allows me to block ads and stuff, and that's cool.

No comments: