Tuesday, January 30, 2007

exhaustion

It's already setting in. Yup, it's been two weeks of school, and I don't know how I'll make it through. Things seem to be falling apart in our Relief Society right now, and that's keeping me worrying a lot. And then I'm trying to do about five different research projects at once right now. Today and tomorrow I really need to work on a couple of submissions for a conference I'd like to go to in Glasgow this summer (the submissions are due on Feb 1). And I'm still working on my application for Lancaster Uni -- I'll keep you all posted about how that goes.

The last two weeks, we've had three candidates here for a professor-ship we are trying to fill for Rhetoric and Composition in the English Department, so like a good graduate student I've been going to their job talks and stuff. It's been very instructive, and I even got to offer my opinion on the candidates yesterday. This morning the final candidate is giving a composition workshop to the Teaching Fellows, so I'm planning to go to that as well, and looking forward to it. She seemed pretty sharp when I watched her job talk yesterday, and I can always use new ideas for teaching composition.

She's touring the facility and picking up slack. (11 points)

Oh yeah ... the last quote was from the song "Hysteria" by Muse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Short Skirt, Long Jacket, by Cake. I'm glad you updated! We should talk soon. :)

Erin

Katie said...

Kat, oh, Kat. It's so funny how, as many miles apart as we are, we manage to fall in love with the same books at about the same times. I'm picking up a copy of New Moon from the library tomorrow. ;) Oh, and, I need your new address so I can send you a lovely present.
KB