Wednesday, January 10, 2007

just to let you know ...

I am having real trouble these days getting internet access. First off, my brother helped me choose a new hard drive for my computer (120 GB, upgraded from 40 GB), and then installed it for me. That has meant, though, that most of my cookies, personal settings, and some other stuff is out of whack for right now. And that means that Gmail has been difficult for the last week or so. It seems to be better now, though.

In addition to that, I have no internet access at my apartment yet -- right now I'm sitting in my car on Fry Street picking up some company's wireless signal while listening to Muse (of course). I'm hoping to have that situation remedied by the end of the week at the latest.

Christmas was great fun. I got some great stuff that I really wanted, and a few things that I didn't particular want but am thrilled to have (like an emergency lantern that you wind up, so that you don't have to rummage around in the dark finding batteries, candles, matches, etc -- thanks, Mom!). We also had a really fun time with New Year's Eve/my birthday. My sister had planned a big party, and everyone was there for it except my oldest niece (who, however, was there for Christmas). We even got Dad to play some games with us, which was fun (and rather funny) -- and my brother and sister beat him at Trivial Pursuit! That hasn't happened in a long time, now.

I'm moved into my new apartment down here in Denton, with two new roommates. I'm excited about it, although I sorely miss Erin and Margo. But we're working on Master Plans to try and get us back living together again before long.

I think that's all of the most important stuff now. I have to go finish settling into my apartment today -- taking out trash, breaking down boxes, and tightening up my bed frame so the boards underneath it don't fall out at night anymore.

I'm not breaking down, I'm breaking out. (83 points)

The last quote was from the Armor for Sleep song "The Truth about Heaven" -- thanks, Erin, for introducing me to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I thought the highlight of your trip was going to be the lunch with P, C, & N at McGraths.... :)