Friday, January 12, 2007

more changes

As you can probably see, I've changed my blog ... again. I couldn't help it -- I updated to the new Blogger, and one of their new features allows you to customize the layout and design of your page, so I had to fiddle with it. Unfortunately, I accidentally lost the points from the old Scoreboard. But I figured that since it's a new blog, a new year, a new school semester, I may as well go ahead and start a new scoreboard. So there you have it. I'm also excited about the RSS feed from Pandora. I can't remember whether or not I've already linked to Pandora before, but it's a great streaming radio website, where you enter your favorite artist(s) and/or song(s) and it plays similar stuff. Lots of fun. Check it out. I also expect to change the address of my blog sometime very soon, so that it will be on my website (which is frankly boring right now ... partly due to the fact that the recent hard drive transplant made me lose my old FTP program and I don't have the disks to restore it, so I'm trying to find a new FTP program -- any suggestions would be welcome). That change shouldn't affect most of you very much, though, as the new Blogger automatically redirects to the new address. But I'll let you know when I finally get that worked out.

Since no one has guessed it yet, I will let the old quote stand for now:
I'm not breaking down, I'm breaking out. (83 points)

3 comments:

Paul P said...

So, if you are using Firefox as your browser, you should look for the FireFTP extension. That is a great extension that opens an FTP client on a Firefox tab. It is the FTP client I use most frequently.

I also occasionally use CORE FTP.

Have a great day.

KatrinaW said...

Hmm ... So I downloaded the FireFTP extension, which looks really user-friendly and convenient. But I'm not able to connect to my server. I'm guessing that I either have some of my connection settings wrong, or else that it's a problem with my firewall settings. I'm working on figuring that out. But thanks for the tip -- if I ever get this going, it will be very useful.

kimberly said...

I finally had to look the quote up because I wanted to know where it came from. I should have guessed. Alas, I did not.

Good luck reconstructing your website!