Monday, June 28, 2004

It's been a long, long time ...

I know, it seems like it's been weeks since I wrote in this blog. I went to SLC and then to IF over the weekend, to welcome my Mom and Dad back after their 2-year sojourn in southern France. No, they weren't on a mission, just a nice little 2-year hiatus from their mundane life in Idaho. Dad was pretty sad to come home, actually. Right after he got off the plane, I asked him how he was feeling, mainly wondering if he was tired. He replied, "Homesick."

I also got to see my niece quite a bit. She the newest installment in our ever-growing family. She'll be a year old on August 6. She's an absolute doll! She's got beautiful brown eyes and dark brown hair -- lots of it! And she's very pleasant. She's a happy child, and it's very easy to get her to smile and laugh. Oddly enough, the only thing she really screams about is food. She screams all during her feeding time, and also when anyone around her is eating something and she thinks she wants some. It was fun to see her again, though, as it's been quite a while.

And I'm almost finished reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It's been a really good refresher, and I've gained a whole new appreciation for Ron again. He's such a great character, and I think they've weakened him significantly in the movies. But, much more on that topic, and I'll have to post to the HPTC instead!

No comments: