Thursday, June 17, 2004

Yay! My internet wouldn't connect for the longest time, so I couldn't post anything for ages, it seems like. But it's currently working. I just hope it remains so for most of the summer now.

I'm currently in the throes of a Harry Potter obsession, all starting this time with the release of the third movie, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It wasn't as good as I'd have hoped, but then I may have been talking myself up for that. I have issues with Alfonso Cuaron, the director, and PoA is my favorite book, so I was really worried that they were going to slaughter it.

After seeing it, though, I then had to go back and read the book again. And that meant, of course, that I had to read GoF again, which in turn meant that I had to read OotP again. I'm now a little way over halfway done with OotP. It's the first time I've re-read it since it came out last summer. It's been good. Lots of things I'd forgotten about, so it's good to get back to it again.

I've been asking my friend Emily all my big questions about HP, and I'm always surprised at just how much she knows. Like Professor Lupin's middle name. (Do you know?) It's great to know I always have people I can talk to about HP, and to know what wonderful resources they are for any HP trivia I might want to know about. I think I may have finally gotten to the point that I could contend with some people in the HP trivia game. But probably not with Emily, Lisa, Laura, or Jen, still.

Other than that, I'm still working on getting things ready for grad school at Lancaster. Mainly money things. I really need to figure out about my Stafford Loan by the end of the week, but I'm having a hard time getting hold of the financial aid lady out there.

For now, I guess I'll just have to say toodle-oo, and leave you with a few of my new-found favorite Harry Potter sites.

JKRowling.com -- JKR's official personal website, and yes, she really does write the things that go on there. Fun.

The Harry Potter Lexicon -- information on just about anything to do with HP, but not as much as I'd wish about Lupin ...

ArtDungeon.net -- this is fan art by a gal named Marta who hangs out on the SugarQuill quite a bit too; I really like some of her stuff, but she also does quite a few scenes from fanfic that I'm unfamiliar with; bit R/Her, apparently

No comments: