Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Halloween weekend has been interesting. On Friday, Erin took me to go get the finishing touches for me costume, and that night we all went to a YSA dance in Hearst (about 45 mins away). The dance ended at midnight, and after that we decided to go to IHOP. However, Matt got us a little lost on the way back to Denton, and we took quite the detour through the heart of Dallas. We finally got to IHOP around 1:45, and we got back to our apartment about 3:00. That was not a good decision -- I'm still recovering from it!

On Saturday we mostly hung around in the apartment, recuperating. We got a couple of Hitchcock films from the UNT Media Library and watched those. In the evening we went to the Institute Halloween Party. We hung out there for about an hour or so, and then we all went over to Matt's house to watch Rope, another Hitchcock film. The Hitchcock touch is very apparent in that one.

Sunday we had been invited over to have dinner with some friends of ours in the ward, Nikki and Lauren. They fed us Hawaiian Haystacks, which was very good, and we had a fun conversation afterward. Nikki is fast becoming one of my favorite people in our ward.

Despite sleeping in quite a bit both Saturday and Sunday, I still have not fully recovered from Friday's lat night, as previously mentioned. In my first class this morning, one of my students even commented on it: "Wow, you look tired! Are you OK?" Well, at least I know they care about my well-being, huh?

Oh! and it rained today, too, which is always welcome, especially here in Texas. I had to walk through it in the rain to go to Institute today, and that was wonderful!

All right, here's the moment I know you've all been waiting for -- drumroll please! -- the pictures of my goth costume. (Well, all right, it's really only one, at least for right now.) I must add that I had a super time being gothic, and I have some fun stories about shopping at Hot Topic.



And finally, a great quote for the day. The last one was specifically from School of Rock, a hilarious movie.
"To make a long story short --" "Too late." (23 points)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Goth costume! (Our watermellon costumes are now posted on my blog, in case you are interested.)

You know, we were just talking about that movie the other day. We thought that it would be really cool if the DVD designer could design the DVD so that it would randomly choose one of the three available endings, so when you were watching, you wouldn't know which ending you would get. I thought that would be cool.

And I hear that communism is, in fact, a red herring.

Anonymous said...

I love the costume! It's kind of frightening, actually, just how well you're able to pull that off. We both enjoyed the picture - hope to see more soon.

We ended up being kind of boring for Halloween, although we did carve two -- count 'em, two -- pumpkins, in the shapes of Strong Bad and The Cheat, respectively. Then I watched "Dial M for Murder" while Scott worked on a paper. We had exactly three trick-or-treaters stop by our house - a new record!

Can you give me a Clue about that quote? :)

I agree with Paul about the random endings, by the way.

Love ya!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Loved the costume, seems there were some good ones this year. I saw one yesterday of Adrielle's that you would have loved.

Monkey's brains...

I just commented to Paul about how we ought to own that movie.

Christina

Anonymous said...

So, halloween was last month. When are you going to post about this month?