Saturday, October 22, 2005

the weekend

Last night we went to our friend Matt's house. His family lives in Corinth, just a few miles south of Denton, and they let us come over all the time and feed us good food. His mom was making ribs last night for dinner, and she let us come and join them. Boy, was it good! After that we watched Sahara with her on DVD. Much better than I had been expecting. (I also figured out last night why it is that I always have to go to the bathroom so much at Matt's -- it's because I always go over there and drink all their Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. :))

After that we went back into Denton and met our friend Andrew at the mall to see Redeye at the cheap-o theater. Kimberly and I enjoyed it a lot (partly because we really like Cillian Murphy), but pretty much everyone else felt that it was ... what were the words? ... I believe they said, "The worst movie I have ever seen." Yeah, that's right. To be honest, it wasn't that great, but I wasn't expecting it to be any better than that. After all, it was a rather low-budget thriller movie -- how much can you really expect from those these days?

Oh, yeah, and tonight is the ward Hay Ride. Whoopee! They're planning to give us hot chocolate ... I'm not sure how necessary that will be, since it's currently 74 degrees.

Now, the most important thing is, we have to work as a team. Which means, you do everything I say. (18)


Yesterday's quote was, indeed, from Batman Begins. I am going to try really hard from now on to use quotes that my roommates won't have an advantage in. Though, I was trying to do that last time, and it turned out that Margo remembered I had said earlier that day how excited I was the Batman Begins was out on DVD. Hmm. I obviously have to be much more careful, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicken Run! What a great quote on teamwork!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh-Kat-Sweet-Kat,

Chicken Run!! Woohoo! Although my favorite quote from that movie is still "I swear she ain't using real words."

I have to agree that Cillian Murphy is pleasing to look upon!

And thank you for posting my points and the old answers. I feel validated now.

Much love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Holy rusted metal, Batman! Do you realize how long it has been since I've seen this movie? Years! I don't believe I've seen it since it came out in theaters. "I seem doomed to blindness" when it comes to your movie quotes.
Kimberly