Thursday, October 6, 2005

a new post, for Erin

Erin has been telling me that I need to post something new, so here it is.

Today has been bee-yutiful weather here. If you remember, when I lived in Lancaster, the phrase meant that the sun was out and it was over 60 degrees. Here in Denton, it means almost the opposite: the sun is not shining, the temperature is under 70. I was actually cold today when I went to Curves, and I was even wearing a long-sleeved shirt! The temperature was around 63 today, and the sun was nowhere visible. Oh, it was wonderful! It reminded me of school at Ricks College.

The other day I got my first paycheck from the university for teaching my composition sections. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'm being paid twice as much for this job as I thought I was. Yay! That means I can afford to do things like getting a Roth IRA, and buying some clothes.

Now, though, I'm starting (already!) to get worried about the need for a summer job. I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll be going to school this summer, but I know I'll need a job. Dr. Raign reccommended that we apply at the local community colleges, but I don't have a car, and it'll be difficult to get that far to work every day. I have also been planning to start selling Pre-Paid Legal, but I'm not sure I can get that working for me enough to support myself in the summer. I'm going to have to give this some serious consideration.

Also, I just was looking at the website for the local community theater, and it made me think that I need to go see them about working as a techie backstage. They're about to hold auditions (Oct. 30-31) for Romeo and Juliet, which they'll be performing in January.

Oh! and my most exciting news. I'm going to England for a few days in December for my graduation. I bought the tickets on Sunday, and now I'm waiting to see if my dad or my friend Katie wants to come with me. Katie says she wants to, but she has to get some extra personal days off work, so she's waiting for approval from the powers that be.

You'll be interested to see that there's a new contender on the points board. Welcome, Kimberly! Kimberly is a friend of ours here in Denton, and she's studying for her Master's in Library Science (just like Erin, which is how they met). She's already out-stripped Erin on points, mainly due to the fact that she got my quote from Holiday Inn, which earned her 380 points off the bat.

At the suggestion and insistence of several persons (Erin among them), I am going to re-set the point board. But not until tomorrow. I thought I'd give you some fair warning before doing that, and a farewell quote.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. (30 points)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your layout renders werid for me too, in IE and Firefox. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Hey, did I get my points for my answer to the That Thing You Do question?

Not that it matters too much if you are resetting your scoreboard tomorrow...

Welcome back to the blog world. We've been missing you.