Tuesday, October 25, 2005

just cuz

This Sunday my roommates and I all stayed at home and just hung out. We haven't done that in a long time, and it was nice to just relax and have all that time. Not that we don't enjoy having people over, or going to other people's houses, but it's always nice to have a little change. We played Trouble, which Erin won, and then lots of Boggle, which Erin definitely won too. She's disturbingly good at that game. I might not be able to play with her any more.

I'm getting really excited for Halloween, but unfortunately my roommates this year aren't into it that much. I hadn't enjoyed Halloween much for several years, until I lived with Katie and Holly. Between the two of them, you would have thought Halloween was the biggest event of the entire year. Anyway, I couldn't get either Erin or Margo to take me over to Kroger last night for a pumpkin to carve. I might have to just do it on my own during the next day or two.

I also really need to get going on my costume. Ever since I went to Whitby last Halloween, I've been planning on dressing up as a Goth for this year. I have been intending to go out to Hot Topic at the mall and buy some clothes for that, but I haven't gotten to it yet. For one thing, I was hoping Erin would come with so that (1) I could ride in her car and wouldn't have to worry about taking the bus, and (2) I would have some moral support while I was in the store trying things on. That store still just makes me nervous, even though I've been in there several times before and have always found the people (especially the employees) to be super-nice. I guess it's just a little too far out of my comfort zone. But, the point is, I may have to go by myself tomorrow afternoon anyway. And hope they still have clothes left that fit me.

The last quote was from Chicken Run -- good job Paul and Elizabeth.

Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym. (20)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this one, but I found a knock-off quote while searching for the answer (which I found):

Those that can, do
Those that cannot, teach
Those that can do neither go into politics

As for me, this year for Halloween I'm going to be a big slice of watermelon. Actually Christina made me a costume to match hers. So we are two slices of watermelon.

Good luck getting a pumpkin and a costume.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is really from a movie or not. I always just thought it was some sort of pithy-ish saying. It wouldn't happen to be James Thurber though, would it? (I'm going to have to go check on this now...)

I do know, for whatever it may be worth, that they have a variation in "The Wedding Planner." Those who can't do, teach; those who can't wed, plan.

I know what you mean about roommates who are less-than-thrilled about Halloween. I still haven't convinced Scott to be excited yet, either. :)

Love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm actually a bad roommate! It's hard to get excited with a 4 hour midterm looming over your head, but that's no excuse for being a bad roommate! Sorry, Ket, I'll be better!

The quote is from School of Rock.

Love
Erin

Anonymous said...

SCHOOL OF ROCK!

I got one! Doing the happy dance!

I must confess that I am just not that in to Halloween. I used to love it, but the past few years or so, ever since high school, I've just not gotten into the spirit of it. Since I won't be here for Halloween, you'll have to take pictures and document your transformation into a goth. I'm having a hard time picturing it!
Cheerio - Kimberly