Friday, October 1, 2004

desperate plea for help

I just finished reading A Tale of Two Cities the other day, and I am desperate to discuss it with someone! Please, if anyone has read it and would be willing to discuss it with me, drop me a line. Or, if anyone knows of a good website for discussing literature, specifically A Tale of Two Cities, let me know.

In other news, I took my first real trip into Lancaster city today. I rode in the top of the double-decker bus, and strolled around downtown in the shopping area. Much of it is covered by some sort of, well, covering, which is nice when it's raining (which it frequently does here). And everything, of course, is very close together, which is nice. I found several things that I haven't been able to get on campus, like clothes hangers. I also got some dishes for myself. That is, I got one plate, one bowl, and one cup. I think I'd like another cup so that I can leave one in the kitchen and keep one in my room. And I'd actually like another, for that matter, to keep pens and stuff in. Sometimes I was surprised by how cheap things were, other times I was surprised at how expensive things were. For example, I couldn't find a curling iron for under 25 pounds (which is almost $50). I wouldn't even pay 25 dollars for a curling iron! I also discovered that there's a Clark's shoe shop downtown, which is great! I love Clark's shoes. They had some great boots (which I still think I'll want), but they were pretty expensive. I'll have to keep them in mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to read your blog, but then saw that your music was Matchbox 20. You have lost all credibility.

KatrinaW said...

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, Anonymous (whoever you may be). I promise I truly am a credible person, and Matchbox Twenty is not the only music I listen to. It just happened to be at the moment. And they've really got some quite good music, anyway.