Saturday, February 12, 2005

funny dreams, again

Funny as in strange, odd, unusual, weird ... you get the drift.

This morning, before I woke up, I dreamt that I, as a college student, had to take a high school, junior-level English course. I got there late on the first day, as I had a hard time finding the classroom on the second floor (my high school didn't have a second floor). The teacher was an absolute dolt, and he had given out these papers that we were supposed to color on with markers -- our names, the alphabet, silly stuff like that. I was sitting there with all my hand-outs, starting to color them, since I supposed that I would have to if I didn't want the teacher to hate me. I tried to listen to what he was talking about, but it had nothing to do with English. He was just prattling on about fluff, and then one of my old high school friends came in, whom I haven't seen for ages. Figuring I had found an ally, I whispered to her how much I hated this class, especially the teacher. She said that she didn't really like him, either, but was taking the class to get an easy "A". I said I didn't have any problem with getting an "A", but that I at least wanted to be treated like an adult. I remember feeling insulted that I had to take this high school class, in which I was being treated like a 5-year-old, when I was enrolled in a Master's program, for heaven's sake! I had just gotten up to leave the classroom and find my friends in the senior (not junior, for some reason) AP English class, since I knew that they would be at least talking intelligently about something like the Heroic Paradox. Something in the back of my mind told me that that class wouldn't count for whatever credit it was that I needed, but before I had even gotten out the door, I woke up.

These are some more quotes from the same movie as the wrist one recently, but since no one has gotten that yet, and since I just watched it again last night, I thought I'd throw a few more out there and see if they get any better response. First, I'll recap the first one. Since it's apparently a hard film, I want to give more than 10 points for it; but since I'm giving so many quotes, I don't want to award too high for it. So, I guess 25 will have to do.
"It's all in ze wrist."

"The 20th century? Why, I could pick a century out a hat, blindfolded, and come up with a better one."

"A woman happy in love, she burns the souffle. A woman unhappy in love ... she forgets to turn on the oven."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that my earlier guess was wrong.
I would dress myself in sackcloth and hang my head in shame---if I didn't instantly recognize the other quotes as Sabrinaisms.

Anonymous said...

I've only seen this movie once and am sad to inform you that I thought the comic timing was all off. If I'm not mistaken, these quotes do come from the original Sabrina, right? Oddly enough, that's how I learned to crack an egg one handed!
- Kimberly