Thursday, February 3, 2005

random

"Common? Man, I got class I ain't even used yet!" (20 points)
Last night we had Enrichment, and it went quite well. After BYU, though, it's weird to have Enrichment nights where a turnout of 12 is considered successful. In any case, everything went smoothly, and we had a good time.

I'm starting to feel like JoAnna and I are missionary companions or something -- we've done a lot together this past week, including Enrichment last night. She came early with me so she could get a ride with the Marshalls, and it just seemed that I'd seen a lot of her lately. And that's fine, because I like her.

Dinner with the missionaries the other night was fun. I really enjoyed cooking -- I do so little real cooking out here. I get lazy and decide that it's just easier to do "fake" cooking -- the kind that goes from the box into the microwave or oven, and it's done. So it was nice to do some real cooking and eat my own, homemade food. And guacamole especially.

So, other than that, nothing much to say right now. I'd best get going and try to do some real work. Hopefully I can make it through the whole chapter of my sociolinguistics book today.

Before I go -- I was just looking at my picture of Paul and Christina, from a Christmas card they sent me, and which I hung up on my bulletin board. They sure are cute!

2 comments:

Paul P said...

Wow. A new site design. Where is it from?

Kip Wilkins said...

Sis- congrats on doing some "real" cooking! Do you make guacamole? I think *I* make the very best there is!!! We should compare notes.

I thought of you on Superbowl Sunday, when someone gave me some cookout leftovers. My fave was whole jalapenos stuffed w/cream cheese, then wrapped in bacon and grilled! YUMMY! I took a bite the next day that nearly killed me... Thought I was going to have to call 911, it was so hot!

-KIP