Thursday, February 24, 2005

like a chicken with its head cut off

OK, so that's not quite what I've been like lately, as I'm simply not busy enough for that, but I'm closer to it right now than I have been for a while. I've been trying to get things set up for Enrichment next week. Our original plans didn't work out, and we've been really late getting things set up. So tonight I made some phone calls to ask a few sisters to help us out, but that proves a bit difficult, since many of them are not in and I will be gone for the rest of the weekend. Ergh. So much for a fun, care-free weekend in London. Actually, I'm afraid I will be all too able to forget about this stuff once I'm on the train tomorrow.

Which brings me to the other part of my near-busy-ness. I've been trying to get myself packed for our trip tomorrow. I desperately need to do some laundry, so I will have to get up early to get that done before class. Then, I only have 30 minutes after class to run home, dump my back-pack, grab my weekend bag, and hike it back up campus to catch a bus in to town and catch the train. And I haven't been able to get hold of JoAnna (my travelling partner for the weekend) to confirm plans, figure out where to meet, make sure I have everything I'll need, and so on. I'm a bit frustrated about that -- somehow, talking to JoAnna always makes me feel more prepared, so not being able get hold of her makes me a bit edgy.

I'll be sure to blog my whole London trip and tell you how wonderful it was. I plan to have my picture taken outside of Sherlock Holmes's residence, and then outside of Danger Mouse's residence (the 'smart red pillar box' in the same street), and we intend to go to church at St. Paul's as well. I look forward to a good time.
"I just thought you had hidden depths."
"No, no, you've always had that wrong about me. I really am this shallow." (20 points)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"About A Boy", if I'm not mistaken.

Anonymous said...

I love this movie. About a Boy! Hugh Grant after emphatically saying no to the whole godfather request.

Anonymous said...

Man, I did it again. Anon. is Kimberly