Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas and moons

I had a really fun Christmas. On Christmas Day I spent the day with a family in the ward. We had Christmas dinner and Christmas pudding, and then we played some games. I had a great time with the younger girls (aged 15 and 17), which was a little odd, since I already knew the older kids quite well -- they're all Young Single Adults in the ward, and I have talked to them several times and hung out with them and stuff. But, I guess it's because the younger girls were willing to play games, and most everyone else wanted to sit around and watch TV or nap.

Yesterday was Boxing Day, and again I spent the day with a family from the ward. They were way nice! I have known them since I got here and always liked them, but I had never been to their home yet. It's very nice -- quite roomy, and very elegant. We again had Christmas dinner and Christmas pudding, then we went for a walk down by the canal (where I got my shoes all muddy -- not to worry, though, I cleaned them when I got home), and then went back home and watched TV for hours on end. It was very relaxing, and I had a great time. I felt very comfortable with them, more so than with the other family, which is kind of odd, since I've done a lot more with the others. Anyway, they brought me home around 11:00, and I called Katie and had a super conversation with her.

I've become very interested in the moon lately. I don't know exactly why that is, but it's suddenly quite fascinating to me. So I found this little HTML application to add to my blog, which gives the current phase of the moon. Kind of cool. It's very easy to use if you want to check it out. Just click the moon in the picture, and it links to the website where it's hosted. You can get the HTML code from there. I also found out today that the day I was born, the moon was barely into the waxing crescent phase, by about two days (which would make it ... about 4% of full).

No comments: