Sunday, December 19, 2004

new quote

You may have noticed my new quote on the sidebar. If not, you should read it now. It's by Lemony Snicket, the author of the Series of Unfortunate Events. I just read the first book of the series yesterday and today, and I really enjoyed it. He has a fun style, and despite the mild plot and simple language, I had a great time with it. So I decided to see what more I could find about Lemony Snicket on the internet, and I came across an interview he did with Reading Is Fundamental (RIF). RIF asked him what activities he thought would encourage children to read more, and I loved his response. Not particularly funny, according to normal Snicket standards, but still a great quote.

Tonight was our second Stake Choir Christmas Concert, down in Chorley. It went quite well -- the tenors even remembered their entrance on For Unto Us a Child is Born! The local MP (Member of Parliament) was there as well, so that was kind of special.

I called Margo after getting home from there tonight, and we had a good 2-hour long, Nirvana-like conversation. It was wonderful talking to her, hearing her voice again, and discussing all of our issues and grievances, as well as good times. Though I think we did a lot more of grievances tonight, but it was quite cathartic. :)

No comments: