Friday, December 31, 2004

another year older ...

... and deeper in debt. (Once again, 10 points will be awarded to anyone who can tell me what song those lyrics are from , which are unfortunately true for me this year! An extra 5 points go to anyone who can name one movie the song is in. And I plan to actually start a score-board on my sidebar, so this is serious!)

So while I was showering this morning, I suddenly realized: I'm now 26. Weird.

Happy Birthday to me!!

Anyway ... I'm not really doing much today. I've been reading lots of Harry Potter, and I'm now feeling like I've wasted sufficient amounts of time this vacation that I now have to get back to work. So today I will be forcing myself to actually write things for my two papers that are due at the start of next term. And in between, I'll be working on some other productive things, like adding photos to my website, or updating parts of the Linguistics Lexicon I've been trying to build. Should be good.

I'll probably end up hanging out with some of the YSAs from the ward tonight. One of them called last night, saying that he was trying to find out if anyone was doing something interesting. I told him I wasn't -- at least not yet -- and asked him to call me back if he found anything going on. He has an old mission companion visiting, and he said if nothing else, I could come hang out with them.

Oh, and tomorrow I have plans to spend the day with one of the families in the ward. On reflection, I'm not too excited about that. It's an older couple, somewhere in their late 60s or (more likely) mid-70s, and they have a 30-something son who lives with them (and is an absolute bore, in the most polite terms I can think of), and they are all very ... proper. As one of the YSAs put it, "The Queen would be proud." Hmm. I hope this doesn't last too long tomorrow. I've been before, and it wasn't that bad ... but I did have help then, with one of the other university students being there with me. I also hope I don't sound too terrible here ... Honestly, they're a very nice family. Just not the kind of people I would normally choose to hang out with.

Well, best get going. Happy New Year to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I think the song is "16 tons" by Tennessee Ernie Ford and it's in Joe Versus the Volcano.

I hope your birthday was great!
Erin

Paul P said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!