Wednesday, April 25, 2007

announcement and secret confession

announcement
Actually, there are two. First, I finally did laundry today. I don't dare confess how long it had been. But I'm now pleasantly surprised to find the floor of my room nearly empty these days.

Second, after many months, I have finally converted all of my music files into mp3 format. Which means that I can now edit them, or give them to people (without authorizing their computers for my iTunes account). But I have well over a hundred dollars' worth of music in my iTunes shopping cart. It will likely be many more months before I can buy all of it. *sigh*

OK ... three announcements. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for a weekend in Nauvoo with Margo. Yay!! I'll be driving to Kansas to meet her and some friends from the area, then driving on to Kansas City, where we'll spend the night ... before driving to Independence, Missouri, to meet up with the other YSAs and take the bus to Nauvoo. Whew! And then, on Saturday night, we get to do that all again, in reverse. I haven't been to Nauvoo before, though, and I'm excited to see Margo ... I just hope she'll consent to let me also do some homework (which sorely needs to be done!) as well.

secret confession
I recently admitted to myself that I have a favorite cuss word. And it's not a nice one, at all. The kind that I would never say, but every time I hear someone else say it, I get a little kick out of it. I blame Erin.

today's quote
It's not a love story -- it's a hate story. [about Wuthering Heights] (101 points)

Caveat: Erin can't get points for today's quote; she'll recognize it too easily. (That's what you get for corrupting me! HA!)

The last quote, as Elizabeth correctly guessed, was from New Moon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAH! No fair! You know I deserve points for what I did today. You wouldn't even HAVE that quote yet if it wasn't for me. It is an awesome quote, though. And so true! I hate stupid Wuthering Heights. "You have some serious issues with the classics."

I really want to know what your cuss word is. :)

I'm only sorta sorry I corrupted you. You have great taste in music now and you are so willing to share that I can't be completely sorry. :)

Erin

PS Beware the nose love!

elliespen said...

I don't recognize that quote but I completely agree with it.

And I think we all have a favorite cuss word, deep down inside. I know I do. I would blame Erin, too, except I knew it was my favorite cuss word long before I ever met her, so she's off the hook this time. :)

Have fun in Nauvoo with Margo! Be sure and get a brick!

KatrinaW said...

I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one with a favorite cuss word. Thanks, ellie.