Saturday, April 14, 2007

a mess of memes

That's right, friends ... It's Twilight time. Again. We recently borrowed New Moon (I've been waiting for the paperback before I buy it) so that NM could read it ... and, admittedly, so I could re-read it. I wasn't planning to read it anytime soon, but I did anyhow. So now I'm obsessed again.

I've always loved taking idiotic character quizzes, largely just for the fun of seeing how horribly they're put together and how off they are for me.

Tonight's winners are ...
For 40 % you are: You're Carlisle Cullen, the most compassionate Cullen in the whole family! You love helping people, especially your family, even if the problems are physical or emotional!


This first one was entertaining -- Much as I would love to be like Carlisle, I have nowhere near that kind of self-control. And I don't think I'm near as compassionate as he is, either. Obviously wrong answer. (Access this quiz.)





You are Edward
Vampire. You are very careful about what you do, especially around Bella. You are sweet.
Take this quiz at QuizHeaven.com

Again, can we talk about self-control? Definitely not Edward.












Which Twilight Character Are You?


Bella Swan

You are the very clumsy and shy Bella Swan!! Your father is the Chief Police and you live in Pheonix, Arizona but are now with your father in Forks, Washington. You are not very athletic and trip over yourself. You are in love with Edward Cullen.
How do you compare?

Take this test! | Tests from Testriffic

I have to admit, I used to really hate Bella. Really. But the more I've read and thought about her, the more I can appreciate her. (I feel myself straying into a new post...) However, I'm still not her. And can we talk about how inane the description of Bella's character is? We are talking about personality, right? What does Police Chief Swan have to do with Bella's personality? *sigh* At least they got that last sentence right. ;)

I find this one rather intriguing:
You scored as Jasper Cullen. you are jasper you do not have very good self control when it comes to you and your families diet you are the youngest vampire in your family making the lifestyle you have choosen hard you have a strong relationship with your family

Jasper Cullen

80%

Alice Cullen

70%

Edward Cullen

47%

Bella Swan

20%

which twilight character are you like?

created with QuizFarm.com

Jasper, eh? OK, I can see that. I am the youngest, after all, and boy, my self-control is not great. I know I'd have a hard time living the lifestyle of a Cullen. I've never thought of myself as being particularly capable of influencing others, though.

I think I agree most with these last two, which are actually the first two quizzes I took. We don't know really that much about Esme yet, but I can see a connection. Again, though, there's the whole self-control thing, and I don't know that I'm quite as compassion-driven as she is. I do like to look at house-plans ... I wonder if that counts as "hobby: architecture"?







You scored as Esme Cullen. You're Esme. The sweet, loving, mother figure of the Cullen clan. You're extremely happy that Edward has found Bella and are very careful not to scare her off.


Esme Cullen

100%

Carlisle Cullen

63%

Alice Cullen

50%

Charlie Swan

50%

Jasper Cullen

38%

Bella Swan

38%

Emmett Cullen

25%

James

13%

Edward Cullen

13%

Rosalie Cullen

13%

"Twilight": who are you? (now w/ pics)
created with QuizFarm.com







You scored as Esme. You are loveable and loving. You'd make a good mother.

Esme

83%

Jasper

50%

Bella

50%

Edward

50%

Carlisle

42%

Rosalie

42%

Emmet

33%

Alice

33%

Which main character from twilight by stepanie meyer are you?
created with QuizFarm.com


Oh, and in case anyone was unaware, the third book of the series, Eclipse, is due out August 7 this year. The "special edition" of New Moon, which will include the first chapter of Eclipse, is apparently also going to be published sometime this summer ... but I'm still unable to find any date for a paperback edition. Not that it will matter that much, in the end, though -- I'll probably end up buying Eclipse as soon as it comes out, anyway, so I guess I may as well give and get New Moon, too. That means that my super-special copy from Margo won't fit with the rest of my collection, but oh well -- you can't have it all, right?
Heavenly shades of night are falling... (76 points)

I must admit, I'm disappointed that no one got the last two quotes. "It was a disaster, Faye!" is from What About Bob? I had a mission companion who said it a couple of times, and it's always stuck with me since then. The previous quote -- "As he pretended not to see me, I pretended not to see him" -- is from one of my very favorite scenes in Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

I admit to being a sucker for stupid internet quizes. They usually end up poorly made things that make hardly an iota of sense. But they're so much fun!

As for the quotes - Great Expectations is one of my very least favorite books and I've never even seen the movie you mentioned. I guess that gives me an excuse as to why I missed both quotes, eh? ;)