Thursday, January 27, 2005

moles, alarms, and mice (or mouses?)

My Brother The Chiropractor recently sent me a little jar of C-4 Cream, which is a mixture of C-Herb and Replenishing Cream. C-Herb is an herbal product for removing cancerous or cancer-prone areas of skin, such as warts and moles. I have these two moles I've been wanting to get rid of, and after applying the cream for the last week or so, the first is starting to come off. It's pretty cool, actually. It just eats away at the weird skin and leaves the normal skin just as it is. I expect that it will be completely gone in about another week or two.

Recently, my alarm clock stopped working. I think I wrote about it last Sunday, when I was late for church because I slept through my alarm. Well, on further investigation, I learned that I hadn't slept through my alarm; rather, my alarm hadn't really gone off. I've been using a software application that I downloaded off the internet, and it's been great so far. I usually wake up to a nice mp3 from a list that I've selected, and it works like a charm. It worked great last Saturday, when I had to get up early to go to Chester. But Sunday, it suddenly stopped. The application still starts up, but the music doesn't play. I've tried everything I know of, and nothing has gotten it to work. I'm going to send an email to the company and see if they know what's giong on. In the meantime, I may have to rely on friends to give me a call on the mornings when I need to wake up early -- which luckily, is only Sundays for the next few weeks. And if anyone has any brilliant ideas for me to try out, I'm open to suggestions.

Just before Christmas, my computer mouse also quit working. One day, it just decided to not work with my computer. So for the last month or so, I've been doing without a mouse, only using the pad at the front of my laptop. It felt weird, after four weeks of this, to use the department computers and have to use a mouse again! Anyway, a few days ago, my mouse suddenly changed its mind again, and decided to start working. So I now have a mouse again. But now, I'm so accustomed to my mouse-pad on my laptop, that I don't like using the mouse for everything anymore -- just some of the more difficult things, like cropping photos ans such.

QUOTE: "The hardest thing I've ever done is keep believing there's someone in this crazy world for me." (15 points)

3 comments:

Paul P said...

"I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world / And fool enough to think that's what I'll find." (My mom was a big fan of this music group, so I heard them a lot when I was younger. Aren't they just a great "feel-good" group!)

I don't know if I was foolish to look for it--but foolish or not, I asked, and perfection is exactly what I found. If only everybody could be so lucky.

Good luck with the alarm clock problem. When I lived in Brazil I got a cheap-o alarm clock from a street vendor for about a buck (that still actually works!). You might try a cheap wrist watch with an alarm. You might get one of those for less than 4 or 5 pounds.

Anonymous said...

My mom was a HUGE Carpenters fan, too and recently got a whole lotta CDs. Now the small children in the house have got ahold of them and listened to them daily over Christmas break. That's a lot of Carpenters. Although, I noticed "I need to be in love" didn't get a lot of play
Erin

Anonymous said...

I'm also using this C-4 Cream...