Friday, January 28, 2005

new OTR site

I just have to share this site with you all, and many thanks to Donovan for introducing me to it. It's called RadioLovers.com, and they have lots of Old Time Radio mp3's for free. They don't necessarily have a whole lot of episodes of each show, but they quite a wide selection of shows, and many that I had never heard of before. I plan to try out some shows like Harry Lime (a spin-off of the movie The Third Man), Witch's Hour, and The Voyage of the Scarlet Queen in the next several weeks (or months?). I also downloaded 22 more episodes of The Whistler, that I didn't have before. That makes me very happy!

Speaking of OTR, I got my website all ready to upload, and the silly department lab computer won't read my CD-RW! So, I'll have to try again sometime.

So, a quote. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." This is a tricky one, and here's why: you get 10 points if you can give me the most recent movie this is in (the most recent that I'm aware of, that is), 20 points for the name of the song, and 50 points for the name of the movie it was first used in. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Inexperienced Mom said...

Wow, I had no idea you had been so prolific lately. It is sure nice to keep in touch with what you are doing. Not much of a comment for the OTR, but thought I'd let you know I was here.

Anonymous said...

I thank you most heartily for the mad props.

I believe it was most recently used in "Moulin Rouge" and the name of the song is "Nature Boy." I know Nat King Cole made it famous but I also know it's slightly older than his recording. Alas.

Donovan

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat! Not only do I know the song title "Nature Boy" and that line was all over Moulin Rouge, but I also know that it originated from Eden Ahbez. I watched an old movie the other day that has this quote in it because I remember thinking "Oh, that's in Moulin Rouge." Now I can't remember what the movie was, dang it!
Erin