Friday, January 14, 2005

random

So, I can't sleep. I have tried everything I know, including sleeping pills, but nothing is doing the trick tonight. I even put in Robin Hood, hoping it would soothe me to watch a familiar DVD, eventually lulling me to sleep. Didn't work.

There is no point whatsoever to this post. Sorry to disappoint you.

I suppose I ought to go try reading my CDA textbook now, that ought to make me sleep. On second thought, though, it might just end up making me so mad that I'll be up for another two hours.

"London ... now home of the world's greatest secret agent, who has his home in a smart red pillar box somewhere in Mayfair." (50 points -- get that one, Erin!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If both Dr. Watson and Penfold show up at my door looking for a position as my trusty sidekick Watson would be out on his ear faster than one can say "Crumbs, Chief!"
Donovan

Anonymous said...

Out to get me, are you? Well, when I read the quote something twanged in my memory and I am pretty sure this one is from the Great Mouse Detective. I haven't seen that in years, but it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Besides, how many other great detectives would fit in a pillar box?

Erin

Anonymous said...

Good try, Erin, but no cigar. As Donovan could tell you, this quote comes from an old British cartoon from the 1980s, called Danger Mouse. It's hilarious. You can hear some marvellous quotes from the show on this page, but they're probably not nearly as funny if you haven't seen it before. My personal favorite is 'saveme'.