Saturday, January 8, 2005

pocket-knife found, eyebrows tweezed ... ah, what a relief!

For the last few weeks, I've been unable to find my pocket-knife, which was quite disconcerting, partly because I just really like my pocket-knife, and partly because I always use those tweezers to clean up my eyebrows. All other tweezers are just so hard for me to deal with. Anyway, I've been trying to use these silly tweezers that I got from a Christmas cracker on Boxing Day, and they were terrible. But today, I found my pocket-knife again! I had accidentally put it in a different place in my backpack than I normally do, and it was hidden quite effectively so that I couldn't find it. So, I tweezed my eyebrows again today, and boy do I feel better!

I've been forcing myself to write this paper for corpus linguistics, and I just hate forcing myself to write. I'm sure this is going to be one of my least favorite papers ever, but you have to do what you have to do, huh?

OK, and now for today's quote of the day. This one's worth ... let's say 20 points. "You shall walk up the pyramids of Egypt!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm all over this one. That's from Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester (SIGH) says it. :)

Erin

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KatrinaW said...

I am deeply annoyed and offended that someone left a message on my blog using the f-word. I deleted the comment, but the commenters name still appears, and there's the rub. I apologize to all my friends and family for any offense caused by this word.